Course homepage

Course homepage
Course homepage

Thursday 12 July 2007

Week 6 Reflection

This week was a challenge to me because I had fallen behind in my classwork. I needed to complete the work I had missed while still attempting to complete the work at hand. And I needed to do all of this while working with a medium that although I was comfortable using, I had serious limitations about how well I could use it. I don't like questioning myself or feeling like what I've done isn't my best work. My relationship with technology has ultimately changed since taking this class, a class that pushed me to my limit at a time that I was at my weakest academically and emotionally. Creating my website and an idea that I could actually use eventually since I am not currently in a classroom was also a challenge. My hope would be to actually use what I have learned, most especially the frustrations I felt to better understand how to incorporate technology into whatever I teach.
After taking this class I can honestly say that incorporating technology into my classroom is not only a desire, but a necessity. This class has proved to me that I need to produce students that can compete in an ever changing and technologically evolving society. It has also taught me that in working with literacy and with my hopes to work teaching composition in lower-income communities, that incorporating technology is even more important to make sure that these students don't fall behind in yet another aspect of literacy. It represents power as well as modernism to me now.

No comments: